What Is the ThermiVa System?
An especially demanding vaginal childbirth, several births, or menopause can cause unwanted physical changes, causing both women and their partners to feel unhappy with their intimate experiences. ThermiVa is an in-office, non-surgical procedure for labia and vaginal tightening designed to address these issues using a radiofrequency generator. The “S” shaped handpiece works to tighten external and internal vulvovaginal tissue through a controlled heat, thermistor tip. The tip is also gently curved to provide comfort.
How Does the ThermiVa Treatment Work?
ThermiVa contracts the tissues to a firmer bunch. It also stimulates tighter collagen production and can assist with tissue and nerve healing. ThermiVa can treat:
- Vaginal Laxity: the vaginal opening and the noticeable length of the vagina is tightened
- Vulvar/Labial Laxity: tightens the external labial tissues, resulting in softer and smoother skin
- Atrophic Vaginitis or Vaginal/Vulvar Dryness: provides softer, thicker skin and additional moisture both internally and externally to enhance daily life and sexual activity
- Mild to Moderate Stress Incontinence: can minimize leakage and can reduce urge symptoms
- Sexual or Orgasmic Dysfunction: can increase sensitivity, improve coordination, and strengthen muscular contractions, helps orgasms to occur in less time
What Are the Benefits of Treatment?
- 15-30 minute in-office procedure
- No prep needed
- Treats both loose labia majora and vagina, competitors can treat only one
- Promotes tightening of vulvovaginal tissues
- Promotes new collagen
- Tighter, softer, and smoother skin
- Patient controls heat with little to no pain
- No lasers
- No Downtime/Recovery or delay in sexual activity
- No anesthesia
- Non-ablative and non-surgical
- Single use handpiece
- Can be done 6 weeks after delivery and between pregnancies
- Helps dryness of the labia and vagina
- Reduced labial irritation
- Helps reduce leaky bladder
- Reduction in urgency symptoms
- Improvement of muscular coordination and strength of squeeze
- May aid in orgasmic dysfunction
- Treatment effects last 9-12 months
- Maintenance treatments only once to twice a year
More information on Vaginal Health